Week #26: Draw me an Elephant

Whenever I think of breakfast, Karaköy keeps on calling me. And it keeps on surprising me as well. The gentrification of the area has been developing really fast in the last few years. I don't know if this is good or bad news for the local people, but it certainly brings variety in the local cafe and restaurant scene.

The coffee shop, where I had breakfast isn't one of the latest additions in Karaköy, however, it took time for me to go there and try their breakfast. I used to visit it for their delicious Red Velvet Cake (you should definitely try it if you haven't already)... and the breakfast hasn't disappointed either.

Breakfast prices have increased a lot in the last few months, so I can say that the one person breakfast plate (which can actually be enough even for two people) and a big tea (included in the price) at FilBooks Karaköy is affordable, it is 45tl, which is more or less an average price in the area.

And what is included: egg, different types of cheese, small salad, olives, salami, fresh fruits, jam, butter and honey, Nutella and a mug of tea.

What I love about FilBooks is that, especially during the week, it is not crowded and especially the first floor is very cosy and quiet, so it's a suitable place if you are searching for a substitute for your home office. And another thing: I love the colour palette- white, grey and turquoise (light green).... and it even has a swing.

Adress: FilBooks Karaköy, Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa Mahallesi, Ali Paşa Değirmeni Sk. 1/1, 34425 Beyoğlu/İstanbul




Labels: , , , , , , ,