Week #20: Home, Sweet Home

Let's face it, Turkish breakfast tradition is great, but there is no way you could afford to follow it on a daily basis. It takes time and money to prepare it and then eat it. So here is what I actually have for breakfast on a regular working day, that means on a day when I don't buy simit on my way to work. It's very simple and makes you full for hours. It's porridge.

I guess I have this yearly breakfast obsession. Last year it was avocado toast, this year I switched to porridge. Here is the recipe:

- 5 spoons of oat cereals (big spoons)
- 3/4 of a mug of liquid (I mix 4/5 of water and 1/5 of milk)
- cinnamon
- a drop of coconut oil (it makes you feel full for a longer period of time)

Cook it for about 10-15 minutes. Basically, until it boils and additional 5 minutes. If you want you porridge to be more liquidy, then boil it longer. You can also add more liquids. Instead of water, you can also use milk.

After it's cooked, decorate it according to your taste. I like to add frozen fruits (sour cherries, berries, etc.) and grape molasses. Molasses will add a sweet taste. Instead of it, you can also add peanut butter, cocoa, etc.

If you live in Turkey, I recommend you molasses City Farm and for peanut butter, Bella Pury Butter. It has no added sugar.

Afiyet olsun!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,