Week #19: Meloon

Istanbul keeps on surprising me. Every neighbourhood has its own vibes, its own face... Every time you think you've figured Istanbul out, it just smiles and you and shows you yet another face. This happens to me every time I go to the Asian side of Istanbul, which, as I have always lived in the European part, is not as familiar to me. Koşyolu is one of those nice neighbourhoods I still need to explore more and which gives you this feeling of not being in Istanbul but somewhere else. It's greener, quieter and pretty nice. Have you ever had a breakfast there? Me, no, until I went to Meloon.


Prices are a bit higher, but the food tastes amazing. Tea is not included in the breakfast, but (especially in a hot weather) do try their lemonade and fresh juices. If you are not very hungry share the breakfast plate among 2 people. On the other hand, besides the fixed breakfast menu, you can also create your own breakfast plate.

Adress: Koşuyolu Mahallesi, no:a, Muhittin Üstündağ Sk. No:63, 34178 Kadıköy/İstanbul

Labels: , , , , , , , ,